Sunday, June 14, 2009

Upcoming...

It has been far too long since I have added anything to the Ohio at Perryville blog, but there is not a lot moving on the Perryville front at this time, such is the "life" of a blog when it covers such a narrow topic.

I am currently compiling a list of regimental histories for the Buckeye regiments that took part in the "Gettysburg of the West", and will post those titles soon. I am also hoping to make a trip to Perryville sometime soon to take more pictures of the positions that the Ohio troops occupied.

I have been giving some thought as to starting some sort of non-profit organization so I can start collecting donations for creating Ohio monuments or markers at Perryville. Of course I still need to chat with the folks who run the Perryville battlefield to ensure this plan fits with their vision. A few years ago when Stuart Sanders headed up the preservation group he and I chatted about thisa very idea and he was extremely supportive, but he has since moved on and I am unaware if the folks "running the show" are still of the same mindset. Worse case, collect donations and give the money to the battlefield for further preservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...